I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Central Banks to expand gold reserves

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Central Banks to expand gold reserves Empty Central Banks to expand gold reserves Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:03 pm

littlekracker

Central banks to expand gold reserves

The news feeds on this site are independently provided by Adfero Limited ©️ and do not represent the views or opinions of the World Gold Council.

Wednesday, 16th December 2009 (235 views)
Central banks are to expand their gold reserves for the first time in two decades, it is estimated.

Bloomberg News reports that researchers CPM Group think that the banks, which currently hold approximately 18 per cent of all gold ever mined, will make the first net expansion since 1988 in response to the record price of the precious metal.

Investors are also adding to their reserves to rival those of the big banks, while India, China and Russia have also expanded the amount of gold that they own.

Peter Morici, a professor of business at the University of Maryland and former economic adviser to the US government, says: "What it reflects is a lack of confidence in the US economy and the long-term durability of the dollar as a store of value."

Earlier in the year, India bought 200 metric tonnes of gold from the International Monetary Fund, a figure which is equivalent to eight per cent of the annual world mine production.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum