I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sweden to open trade office in Iraq

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sweden to open trade office in Iraq Empty Sweden to open trade office in Iraq Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:20 pm

littlekracker

21 December 2009
Ministry for Foreign Affairs
Sweden to open trade office in Iraq

The Government today decided that Sweden will open a trade office in Baghdad. The office will be run by the Swedish Trade Council and will open soon.

"There is greater interest from Swedish companies in business opportunities in Iraq, and there is also a similar interest from Iraq in Swedish companies and products. This was a clear lesson I learned when I visited Baghdad during the autumn, together with the first Swedish business delegation to visit the country in 20 years," says Minister for Trade Ewa Björling.

"Opening a trade office in Baghdad will strengthen opportunities for Swedish exports to Iraq. Companies will gain access to local market knowledge and presence, support and advice, and also to special export promotion activities."

At the same time, in a special decision today, the Government appointed Roland Sossi as Trade Commissioner in Iraq, stationed in Baghdad. He will take up his post on 1 January 2010. Mr Sossi has been Senior Project Manager and Deputy Regional Director at the Swedish Trade Council in the United Arab Emirates since 2006.
Between January and September 2009, Swedish exports of goods to Iraq increased by 62 per cent, compared with the same period the previous year.

The Swedish Trade Council, which cooperates closely with embassies and consulates-general, is currently represented in some 50 countries and has over 500 employees. It is jointly owned by the state and the business sector, and had a turnover of about SEK 630 million in 2008.

2Sweden to open trade office in Iraq Empty Re: Sweden to open trade office in Iraq Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:36 pm

wow sweden..that's cool

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum