I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Some investors will remember 2009 as a year of missed opportunities

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

littlekracker

Some investors will remember 2009 as a year of missed opportunities.

* December 26, 2009

bombay-stock1Some investors will remember 2009 as a year of missed opportunities. According to investment experts, many investors were swayed by the global economic turmoil and doomsday predictions from various pundits and missed a chance to pocket handsome returns from the stock market this year.

It was a tough task to convince some investors. They have become such pessimists and so convinced that the market would tank further, says a financial consultant, who has interacted with investors in various educational forums.

The trouble was they have become admirers of some obscure pundits, who were predicting the end of stock market. They just would not listen to you, they were convinced that the sensex would touch 3,000 by the end of the year, he adds.

No wonder, many investors stopped their systematic investment plans or booked profit and chose to wait for a clear direction before entering the market. Poor souls, they must be regretting listening to those predictions.

Imagine, the sensex was at 9,903 on January 1. It has soared to 16,601 by December 21. That means, even if these investors had put their money in an index scheme, they would have earned about 67 per cent.

If they had invested in diversified schemes, they would have earned a little more in the same period. For example, the diversified equity category has given an average return of about 74 per cent in the last one year.

In the best of times, it is difficult to predict the market. The so-called experts may be able to speak about the broad direction of the market, but it is impossible to predict every minute’s move in the market, says Suresh Sadgopan, chief financial planner, Ladder 7 Financial Advisories. Gaurav Mashruwala, a financial planner, says, the best way to maximise returns is to align your goals with the market.

another missed chance was done by the imf to put all countries back on the same playing field!!!!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum