I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Iraq shouldnt relinquish its territories

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Iraq shouldnt relinquish its territories Empty Iraq shouldnt relinquish its territories Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:47 pm

littlekracker

Iraq shouldn''t reqlinquish its territories - house speaker
Politics 1/3/2010 8:29:00 PM

BAGHDAD, Jan 3 (KUNA) -- Iraqi parliament speaker Ayad Al-Samarrai asserted Sunday that his country could not relinquish any part of its territories, in reference to the Iranian occupation of an Iraqi oil well.
All agreements signed between Iraq and neighboring countries since the Iraqi government was formed in 1920 "are at the expense of the Iraqi territories," Al-Samarrai said in a statement.
He said Iraq, because of these agreements, lost around 20,000 square kilometers.
The house speaker said Iraqi foreign minister Hoshyar Zebari briefed the parliament few days ago the problem of the Iranian occupation of the Iraqi oil well, and the importance of finalizing the border demarcation.
Al-Samarrai called on the Iraqi government to act swiftly to regain its occupied territories.
He said the Iraqi-Iranian borders were very clear, and that Baghdad and Tehran should discuss the 1975 agreements to ultimately enforce the border signs.
Eleven Iranian soldiers entered the Iraqi territories last month and occupied the Fakka oil well in the south.

Take it up with the UN guys...LOL

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum