I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Maliki plans an important visit to Washington next week

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

mocha

mocha

Iraq PM Al Maliki plans visit to Washington

Tuesday, June 09, 2009 07:02 GMT

Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri Al Maliki plans an important visit to Washington next week in order to discuss bilateral agreements and hold a special conference for investment in Iraq.
These governmental moves coincide with Al Maliki’s confirmation that the world financial crisis will not halt investments, construction and services in the country. In the first conference for governors and head of non-affiliated provincial councils in Baghdad, Al Maliki cautioned of corruption in construction projects and of political terrorism pledging not to allow the resurgence of insecurities and sectarianism while stressing that security will remain the main concern of the government.
Meanwhile, Unified Coalition MP Sami Al Askari said Prime Minister Al Maliki plans to visit the United States next month to discuss the framework agreement and plan the economic and investment conference. He added that Al Maliki’s meetings will focus on the economic, trade and investment aspects especially that the security agreement is running well. Al Askari hoped Al Maliki’s visit would enhance rapprochement between Baghdad and Washington.

windreader1

i bet he is going to stay for the UN meeting that will be held on the 18th.

I hope this is the trip that leads to the RV.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum