I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

A memorandum of cooperation to reduce poverty between Iraq and the World Food Program

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Source: Dar Al-Hayat - 12/01/2010

A memorandum of cooperation to reduce poverty between Iraq and the World Food Program

Iraq signed a memorandum of understanding with the World Food Program of the United Nations, aims to reduce poverty in which over five years.

The Director of the Office of the World Food Program in Iraq, Edward Kallon, following the signing, said the partnership is part of the plan administered by Iraq to improve the public distribution system for the citizens and strengthened. He said the World Food Program through the experience, which extends more than 40 years in providing food assistance at the international level, can lead a key role in helping to improve supply chain management for the public distribution system in Iraq.

He added that the memorandum of understanding constitutes an important element in poverty reduction strategy and development plan of Iraq, because the work of the United Nations development assistance aims to strengthen the networks of social insurance for the poor, adding that the partnership extends five years, from the current year until the year 2014.

The Iraqi Trade Minister Safa al-Din Safi, said the signing of a memorandum of understanding came to Iraq in achieving the objectives of securing the ration card to the Iraqis to the fullest, and take advantage of the program's experiences in shipping, road transport, storage and monitoring systems and distribution of food, in addition to upgrading the capacity of provincial and rehabilitation for the management of the ration card items of the population, stressing the need for training and technical support required and introduction of modern mechanisms for the procurement of food.

In addition, the task of developing Iraq strategy on combating poverty in the agricultural areas and rural areas through the exploitation of human resources in agriculture and projects that invest in this sector.

According to Deputy Agriculture Minister Ghazi al-Aboudi, said the ministry has adopted a policy been successful in promoting the production of agricultural crops, by introducing modern methods in agriculture and agricultural development of a program to find a balance between the producer and importer, as well as to restore a site of Iraq in international organizations concerned with agriculture, stressing that the government's initiative provided an opportunity for farmers to obtain loans without interest to finance agricultural projects, and provided them with subsidized agricultural inputs.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum