I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

England monetary policy

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1England monetary policy Empty England monetary policy Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:46 am

littlekracker

Bank of England retains rate at 0.50 percent
2010-01-08 12:07:51

The Bank of England said on Thursday it was keeping its key interest rate at a record low level of 0.50 percent and maintaining credit-easing plans as Britain officially remains in recession.

"The Bank of England's Monetary Policy Committee today voted to maintain the official Bank Rate paid on commercial bank reserves at 0.5 percent," the BoE said in a statement.

24-Hour Online Forex Trading. Start with FREE practice account

"The Committee also voted to continue with its programme of asset purchases totalling 200 billion pounds financed by the issuance of central bank reserves."

Markets will have to wait until January 20, when minutes of the central bank's latest meeting are published, for reasons behind the widely-expected announcements.

The bank's nine-member monetary policy committee (MPC) unveiled its decisions following a two-day meeting.

Britain's central bank had in November decided to pump out another 25 billion pounds of cash in a renewed attempt to boost lending and lift Britain out of its longest recession on record.

2England monetary policy Empty monetary policy decision Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:06 pm

littlekracker

PRESS RELEASE
14 January 2010 - Monetary policy decisions

At today’s meeting the Governing Council of the ECB decided that the interest rate on the main refinancing operations and the interest rates on the marginal lending facility and the deposit facility will remain unchanged at 1.00%, 1.75% and 0.25% respectively.

The President of the ECB will comment on the considerations underlying these decisions at a press conference starting at 2.30 p.m. CET today.

3England monetary policy Empty Re: England monetary policy Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:05 pm

Don't see ECB increasing interest rates either until china Rv's

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum