I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Iraqi govt. allocates $100 million for referendum on security agreement

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

mocha

mocha

June 9, 2009 - 03:30:47

BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: Iraq’s Council of Ministers on Tuesday allocated nearly $100 million for a referendum on the security agreement between Iraq and the U.S., the official spokesman for the Iraqi government said.

“The Council of Ministers decided during its 21st session to allocate $99.575 million to draft a referendum on the security agreement signed between Iraq and the U.S. to allow the Independent High Electoral Commission (IHEC) to prepare for holding it,” Ali al-Dabagh said in a statement received by Aswat al-Iraq news agency.

On November 27, 2008, the Iraqi Council of Representatives passed a security agreement with the United States, known as the Status-of-Forces Agreement, or SOFA, just 10 days after the Iraqi cabinet approved it with an overwhelming majority.

The agreement stipulated that a public referendum should be held in July 2009.

windreader1

I wonder if that is USD or dinars. Interesting find Mocha especially since they have been talking about the budget shortfall.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum