I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Iraq to pay Kurdish oil deals

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Iraq to pay Kurdish oil deals Empty Iraq to pay Kurdish oil deals Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:24 pm

Iraq to pay Kurdish oil deals

Erbil, Jan. 14 (AKnews) - Iraq is set to grant the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) a green light to sign deals with foreign oil companies on the grounds that Baghdad could see the contracts transparent in order to fund them, an official said on Thursday.

"Iraqi oil minister Hussein Shahristani funds the KRG oil deals after his ministry reviews the deals," said Iraqi MP on oil and gas committee Bayazid Hassan.

According to Hassan, Iraqi government pays companies interesting rate if the Kurdish deals are transparent, if not Iraq pays the rate from the 17 percent of the KRG budget.

Kurdistan Region exports 100 barrels of oil per day (bpd) and it is likely to increase it to 150 pbd by end of 2010.

The KRG oil income per year would reach US $555 millions if each barrel sold by US$70, Hassan said. He concluded with saying block of Kurdish oil export would harm the Iraqi economy.

ba gs AKnews
Thursday, January 14th 2010 9:20 AM

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum