I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trading With Iraq: Major Players 2009

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Trading With Iraq: Major Players 2009 Empty Trading With Iraq: Major Players 2009 Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:32 pm

Go Russian, this was not the only rapport Iraq will enjoy soon with other countries. Prime Minister Nuri Al-Maliki revealed that another major governmental cooperation is on the horizon. Al-Maliki said a delegation from Russian Company Lukoil will pay Baghdad a visit very soon to pen new contracts for developing Iraqi oil fields. Of
course neither Iraq nor any other Middle Eastern country have the knowledge, experience or resources to professionally run such a profitable project, so keeping hold of the foreign experts is again a good call by the government.

“We have agreed to visit officials from Lukoil in Baghdad soon, in order to conduct negotiations with the Ministry of Oil, adding that the Iraqi government has ideas that could satisfy the company and at the same time conform with Iraqs economic and oil policy,” Al-Maliki told Russian publication Vremya Novosti.

The Russian corporation was in charge of West Qurna oilfield more than a decade ago, but the deal was called off as a result of the unstable circumstances during the horrendous era of then
President Saddam Hussein, whom many people think of as a tyrant that completely damaged the country’s economy at the time. But now
Lukoil seems close to getting back in business in Iraq.

“The giant Russian company Lukoil, had signed a contract in 1997 worth billions of dollars for the development of the large West Qurna oilfield -2, but was expelled from the country before the events of March 2003 because of disagreements with the previous regime,” the minister explained.

“The contract can be renewed with this company, or we can work with other companies. All these issues will be the subject of negotiations, and therefore, we call for Lukoil officials to visit Baghdad. We will be happy if Lukoil win the rights to develop this field.”

windreader1

I wonder if a pending contract for a huge oil deal will have any influence on the Russian vote at the UN.

windreader1 wrote:I wonder if a pending contract for a huge oil deal will have any influence on the Russian vote at the UN.

WOW I never thought about that!! Russia has a vote on art. 7 being lifted...interesting!!!

4Trading With Iraq: Major Players 2009 Empty Re: Trading With Iraq: Major Players 2009 Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:19 pm

symetri

symetri

That makes sense now why Russia is suddenly backing their decision to lift the art 7.

http://www.symetristudios.com

CK...we talked about this a few days ago kiddo......your memory is slipping dear.

thumper wrote:CK...we talked about this a few days ago kiddo......your memory is slipping dear.

Geeee what memory?? well it has been a rough ride this week...I'll go back to taking notes LOLOLOLOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum