I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Iraqi MP reveals launching of deeds for those included within Article 140

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

Iraqi MP reveals launching of deeds for those included within Article 140

Tuesday, January 19th 2010 2:43 PM

Dahuk, Jan.19 (AKnews) - An Iraqi Member of Parliament from the Kurdistan Alliance bloc said today that the deeds for those who are covered by the compensation of Article 140 of the Federal Constitution have started.

" The deeds for those who are included by Article 140 of the Federal Constitution will start very soon," Mahma Khalil told The Independent National News Agency of Kurdistan (AKnews), adding that" launching the deeds is a legal entitlement for the citizen who passed through injustice and whose rights were raped as result of the policies of the former regime."

He said that "four offices in central and southern of Iraq have began their work to consider the issues of the citizens who are related to Article 140," noting that "this article is not limited to specific regions in Kirkuk and other disputed territories, but include all Iraqi territories."

Khalil added that "some areas in Baghdad, Karbala, Najaf and Diyala provinces are covered by the requirements of Article 140", and continued that "the citizens in these areas will receive financial benefits like others."

He pointed out that: "slowing down the implementation of any constitutional article does not mean cancelling it, adding that: "according to our expectations, Iraq will witness in the current year a general census, and we consider that implementing the statistics is an application for Article 140."

The Iraqi government had agreed to postpone the general census, which was scheduled to take place in 2009, in response to requests of several blocs and political parties in Iraq.

Khalil said that "the census would reveal the components of Iraq in all Iraqi provinces and regions, and will also provide the Federal Planning Ministry with a detailed information about the economic conditions of the Iraqi people, in order to develop the appropriate future strategic plans."

Article 140 of the Iraqi Constitution states on solving the problem of disputed areas between Baghdad and Erbil, and it is treated on three stages: normalization, census, and a referendum among the population of areas of disagreement.

rn/sh. (AKnews).

http://www.aknews.com/en/aknews/4/105136/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum