I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kurds aim to double oil exports from Iraq

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

Kurds aim to double oil exports from Iraq

Published: Jan. 19, 2010 at 11:20 AM

ERBIL, Iraq, Jan. 19 (UPI) -- Oil production from the Kurdish regions of Iraq could eclipse 200,000 [color:d304=blue !important][color:d304=blue !important]barrels [color:d304=blue !important]per [color:d304=blue !important]day in 2010 with a renewed position on export contracts, the government said.
Ashti Hawrami, the oil minister from the Kurdistan Regional Government in Iraq, said his government is ready to start a "serious dialogue" to distribute oil [color:d304=blue !important][color:d304=blue !important]revenue to greater Iraq by restarting oil exports from Kurdish fields.
"We will also work to rapidly increase production to more than 200,000 barrels per day this year," he said.
In September the KRG suspended its contracts with Norwegian [color:d304=blue !important][color:d304=blue !important]oil [color:d304=blue !important]company DNO citing "unjustifiable" harm to its reputation.
Hawrami noted the KRG is ready to form a special committee to examine payments to foreign operators, including DNO, and determine what the companies have invested in the northern Kurdish provinces in order to reset the relationship.
DNO and its partners started exports from the Tawke oil field in June.
Iraq in 2009 held two rounds of auctions for postwar oil contracts, securing deals for some of the largest oil fields in the world.
Baghdad aims to rival Saudi Arabia as a global oil leader, though the future of the Iraqi energy sector depends in part on the new government that emerges from March parliamentary elections.

http://www.upi.com/Science_News/Reso...7911263918000/

Baghdad aims to rival Saudi Arabia as a global oil leader, though the
future of the Iraqi energy sector depends in part on the new government
that emerges from March parliamentary elections.

I hope they can top saudi....saudi is a pain in the tail...not forgiving debt!!!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum