I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

GCC monetary authority

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1GCC monetary authority Empty GCC monetary authority Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:31 pm

littlekracker

GCC monetary authority soon
Emirates Business 24/7

Emirates Business 24-7, 04 January 2010

Four Gulf nations will launch their monetary authority to set up a joint central bank at the end of February as part of an historic pact to create the Middle East's first currency union, a senior Gulf official was quoted as saying yesterday.

Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar and Bahrain, members of the six-nation Gulf Co-operation Council (GCC)Gulf Co-operation Council (GCC)Loading..., will officially launch their monetary union on January 23 following its final summit approval last month, said Nassir Al Qaoud, GCCGCCLoading...'s Deputy Assistant Secretary General for Economic Affairs.

"The monetary union will be enforced on January 23, a month after the fourth ratification document was deposited by the members with the GCCGCCLoading... Secretariat," Qaoud told the Arabic-language paper Al Riyadh.

"As for the Gulf Monetary Authority (GMA), which will pave the way for the creation of the GCCGCCLoading... central bank, it will start operating at the end of February," he said.

Al Riyadh said Qaoud was reacting to newspaper reports that the central banks of the four countries halted lending operations at the beginning of 2010.

"Those reports carried wrong information that the central banks would stop lending at the start of 2010... this process requires several procedures, which will be the responsibility of the GMA," Qaoud said.

"Any way, most central banks in those countries normally do not lend to the government, which means these reports do not carry any new information," said Qaoud.

By Staff Writer

©️ Emirates Business 24/7 2010

2GCC monetary authority Empty Re: GCC monetary authority Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:42 pm

central bank, it will start operating at the end of February

WOW GOOD FIND LK!!....forgot to watch the GCC...so their GCC central bank will start operating end of february...cool beans stuff

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum