I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Task Force on Dialogue Launched

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Task Force on Dialogue Launched Empty Task Force on Dialogue Launched Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:17 pm

Task Force on Dialogue Launched

Baghdad-Thursday,
11 June 2009-The Special Representative of the United Nations’ Secretary-General for Iraq (SRSG) Staffan de Mistura met on Wednesday, 10 June 2009, with senior representatives of the Prime Minister of Iraq and the Kurdistan Regional Government. The purpose of the meeting, which was held at the United Nations House in Baghdad was to launch the
Task Force on Dialogue for follow-up to the UNAMI reports.

The next meeting will take place on Tuesday 16 June, and thereafter on a weekly basis under UN auspices. In his report to the UN Security Council released earlier this week in New York, Secretary-General Ban ki-Moon expressed his support for UNAMI's efforts to facilitate a
political dialogue and assist the parties in finding mutually
acceptable solutions. He noted that, "In particular, UNAMI's in-depth analytical report on Iraq’s disputed internal boundaries could serve as
useful starting point for constructive dialogue. I urge Iraqi leaders use the opportunity to engage in a process to resolve these important issues."

2Task Force on Dialogue Launched Empty Re: Task Force on Dialogue Launched Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:23 pm

mocha

mocha

well......isn't that interesting! thanks CK

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum