I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Zebari: no need for the survival of Iraq under Chapter VII

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

24 24
Feb Feb
2010 2010

Zebari: no need for the survival of Iraq under Chapter VII

BAGHDAD (AP) - Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari said international teams will take on itself the task of monitoring during the forthcoming electoral process and this is what would add to its legitimacy, pointing out that the Embassy of Sweden will have five teams to monitor the forthcoming parliamentary elections, from Basra to Dohuk.

Zebari made clear in a joint news conference today with his Swedish counterpart Carl Bildt that Iraq asked Sweden and other European countries support the electoral process and to assist in providing observers at polling stations.

Zebari addressed during the conference, the issue of Iraq would emerge from Chapter VII of money and predicted an optimistic note: "The Security Council issued a decision soon announce a new commitment to Iraq through the processes of disarmament by the resolutions of the Security Council and is free of weapons of mass destruction," stressing that the Security Council will take this into account "There is no longer something that requires the survival of Iraq under the threat of sanctions."

For his part, Bildt said during the conference to the opening of the Embassy of Sweden in the capital Baghdad and a consulate in Arbil was a sign of the good evolution of the relationship between the two countries, wishing to take the relationship between the two countries in the development and that the level of importance perceived by both sides.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum