I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Iraqi FM to visit Japan Wednesday

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Iraqi FM to visit Japan Wednesday Empty Iraqi FM to visit Japan Wednesday Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:27 pm

Roxy

Roxy

Iraqi FM to visit Japan Wednesday http://www.kuna.net.kw/NewsAgenciesP...66&Language=en

Iraqi FM to visit Japan Wednesday

Politics 6/15/2009 6:37:00 PM

TOKYO, June 15 (KUNA) -- Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari will make a six-day visit to Japan from Wednesday to meet Japanese Prime Minister Taro Aso, the Foreign Ministry announced on Monday.

Zebari is also scheduled to hold talks with his Japanese counterpart Hirofumi Nakasone and Defense Minister Yasukazu Hamada, the ministry said in a statement. The visit is expected to enhance strategic partnership between the two countries from the long-term perspective, the ministry added.

Japan terminated its airlift mission in Iraq last December, ending the country's five-year presence in the region. The air force began transport flights in March 2004 between Kuwait and the southern Iraqi destinations, mainly delivered supplies to Japan's non-combat ground troops involved in a reconstruction mission there, which pulled out from Iraq in July 2006. After the ground troops' withdrawal, the air force expanded its airlift support in transporting UN personnel and supplies elsewhere in Iraq.

(end) mk.mt KUNA 151837 Jun 09NNNN

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum