I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

[b]Al-Eissawi mulls possibility to bring Iraq out of Chapter VII[/b]

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

prazeHIM

Al-Eissawi mulls possibility to bring Iraq out of Chapter VII

June 15, 2009 - 02:09:46

BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: Iraq’s Deputy prime minister Rafeaa al-Eissawi, who is visiting the U.S., discussed with U.N. officials the possibility of bringing Iraq out of Chapter VII of the U.N. chapter.

“Al-Eissawi met with the Deputy Secretary General of the United Nations, Aisha Rose, and discussed with her the draft resolutions presented by the Iraqi government to get out from the Chapter VII of the U.N. chapter,” said a statement from his office received by Aswat al-Iraq news agency.

“Al-Eissawi praised the international organizations’ efforts to help Iraq in economic and services fields,” it added.

Chapter VII of the United Nations Charter sets forth the powers of the UN Security Council to maintain peace. It allows the council to “determine the existence of any threat to the peace, breach of the peace, or act of aggression” and to take military and non-military action to “restore international peace and security.”

SH (P)

http://en.aswataliraq.info/?p=114659

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum