I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Special Representative of the United Nations Secretary-General Staffan de Mistura to leave Iraq after a two-year mission

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

prazeHIM

Special Representative of the United Nations Secretary-General Staffan de Mistura to leave Iraq after a two-year mission

BAGHDAD - June 15, 2009 - The Special Representative of the Secretary-General of the United Nations, Staffan de Mistura, Baghdad almost two years after he became the highest official of the United Nations in Iraq and will begin his new assignment as Deputy Executive Director of the World Food Program of the United Nations, will continue to pay close attention to issues dealing with the Middle East, including Iraq.

. During this period, the expanded United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq has a large presence and their activities inside Iraq, and contributed to the conduct of provincial elections, at the same time also served to launch a major initiative aimed at easing tension on disputed internal boundaries and the city of Kirkuk.

On the occasion of his departure and the commencement of a new task within the high-level United Nations system, said Staffan de Mistura, said: "I leave Iraq, my job again after the lengthy fourth I hope that Iraq continues on the path of democracy and stability after a lot of suffering. I am deeply grateful to the Iraqi authorities and the Iraqi people for the support and confidence, which they presented to the United Nations during this difficult period. "

The Aalmmthel of the Secretary-General of the United Nations that he hoped the possible mechanism of action have been developed between the Government of Iraq and the Kurdistan Regional Government to discuss issues common to the facilitation of the United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq in the coming days. وتستند هذه الآلية إلى مبدئي العراق الواحد الموحد واحترام الدستور. This mechanism is based on the principles of a single unified Iraq and to respect the Constitution.

At the same time, in the context of improving the bilateral cooperation with neighboring countries, the Special Representative expressed optimism that with the assistance of the United Nations will be able to Kuwait and Iraq seize the current opportunity to show good faith and commitment to a sustainable solution to the outstanding issues between them.

The Special Representative of the Secretary-General to the United Nations will remain in Iraq at the request of the Iraqis, and according to their needs. In this context, "the United Nations will continue to increase its operations in the area of capacity-building of Iraqi institutions as we have done over the past year in the areas of electoral support and the Commission on Article 23 of parliamentary and constitutional matters, however, all this requires the will of the Iraqi - and we are here to help and facilitation. The future of Iraq and sovereignty are at the by the people of Iraq "

And to be appointed Special Representative of the Secretary-General will be the new Mr. Andrew Glmor, the Deputy Special Representative, Acting United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq.

http://74.125.67.132/translate_c?hl=en&sl=ar&u=http://nahrain.com/news.php%3Freadmore%3D70029&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dwww.nahrain.com%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG&rurl=translate.google.com&usg=ALkJrhjf3NnkTZMKASeKeNFjzib00X6ZZQ

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum