I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

U.N. to lift sanctions on Iraq in two months provided.....

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

mocha

mocha

Iraq Close to Being Free from U.N. Sanctions

Associated Press, Baghdad
June 15, 1998 Iraq is very close to becoming free of U.N. economic sanctions, the chief weapons inspector said today. "The light at the end of the tunnel today is more visible than anytime," the U.N. envoy, Richard Butler, told reporters at the conclusion of three days of talks with Iraqi officials on disarming Iraq of its weapons of mass destruction. The U.N. Security Council will allow the lifting of the sanctions imposed after Iraq's 1991 invasion of Kuwait only after Butler's United Nations Special Commission certifies that Iraq has no more illegal weapons. Butler said that UNSCOM can finish its job in two months as long as Iraq fully cooperates with its arms inspectors. "I am very positive about it. It is good news ... provided Iraq fulfills its promises and gives us access to materials and documents," Butler said. On Sunday, Iraq and UNSCOM agreed to detail a 2-month work program to end U.N. disarmament activities in Iraq.

http://www.globalpolicy.org/componen...170/42111.html

mocha

mocha

Well well well, isn't that an interesting article, WMD's.........hmmmmmmmmm, does Obamalama know this? and do we have to wait two more months now?

mocha wrote:Well well well, isn't that an interesting article, WMD's.........hmmmmmmmmm, does Obamalama know this? and do we have to wait two more months now?

Let's hope not!!! Shocked

mocha

mocha

sorry, its from 1998, DISREGARD ARTICLE..........................

donnc

Thanks anyway mocha, i appreciate what ya do.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum