I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Qatar fund may invest US$30 billion in 2010

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

littlekracker

Qatar fund may invest US$30 billion in 2010
Source: BI-ME with Bloomberg , Author: Posted by BI-ME staff
Posted: Mon March 22, 2010 10:46 pm

QATAR. Qatar Investment Authority (QIA), the country’s sovereign wealth fund, invested US$30 billion last year and may match that in 2010, reported Bloomberg, citing Qatar’s Prime Minister.

“We are thinking to invest the same amount this year,” Sheikh Hamad Bin Jasim Bin Jaber Al-Thani said at a press conference in Doha today with Bulgaria’s Prime Minister Boiko Borissov to announce a cooperation agreement between the two countries.

“Qatar is ready to invest as long as there is a good return for both sides,” the Prime Minister said.

The International Monetary Fund expects Qatar's economy to grow 18.5% in 2010 after an estimated 9% growth in 2009.

Rapid expansion in LNG production and a pick up in manufacturing and construction are set to support strong performance this year, the IMF said.

QIA, with stakes in companies including Volkswagen, Barclays and J Sainsbury, has about US$75 billion worth of investments outside the country, RGE Monitor said in January.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum