I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gulf cenbanks won't set common currency deadline - Jasser

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

littlekracker

Gulf cenbanks won't set common currency deadline - Jasser
Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:04am EDT

RIYADH, March 30 (Reuters) - Gulf central banks forging a monetary union will not set a deadline for the launch of the common currency, Saudi Arabia's central bank chief Muhammad Al-Jasser said on Tuesday.

The peg for the new monetary unit would be set by the common central bank, Jasser, head of the Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency and newly named chairman of the Gulf monetary council, said.

Central bankers from four Gulf oil producing states launched on Tuesday the joint monetary council, which is expected to lay the foundations for a regional central bank and prepare the launch of a single currency in a nearly decade-old plan.

The four central bank governors are now expected to set an agenda for coming months at their inaugural meeting.

Jasser said Arab countries from outside the Gulf Cooperation Council such as Iraq would not be allowed to join the union.

Jasser said Arab countries from outside the
Gulf Cooperation Council such as Iraq would not be allowed to join the
union.

Iraq has requested to rejoin the GCC but they slammed back with "not until they paid Kuwait off" I think GCC is shooting themselves in the foot on this one.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum