I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Iraq, China sign deal to write off 80% of debts

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

littlekracker

Iraq, China sign deal to write off 80% of debts

April 1, 2010 - 06:22:15

BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: The Iraqi government signed in Beijing on Thursday an agreement with the Chinese government to write off 80% of Iraq’s debts due for China, according to a foreign ministry press release.

“Iraqi Finance Undersecretary Fadel Nabi Othman signed for Iraq while the secretary of the committee of companies indebting Iraq signed for China,” read the statement as received by Aswat al-Iraq news agency.

“The agreement was signed in light of memorandums of understanding signed by Iraqi President Jalal Talabani during his visit to China in June 2007,” it added.

Iraq has been seeking to have its debts $120 billion debts accumulated during the former regime’s time, some of them in compensations over was, be dropped. The war-torn nation has managed to have most of that sum - $55 billion due for the Paris Club members – dropped.

Iraq still owes debts to some Arab countries, including Gulf states, at $21 billion: $15 billion to Saudi Arabia and $6 billion to Kuwait.

Windreader been asking be about this...wonder if they signed the oil contract at the same time???? Another debt "bites the dust"

Now here's a GREAT idea...china give iraq some yuan....iraq give china some dinar.....THEN BOTH OF YA RV!!! can you tell I would loveeeeeeee to shoot both of them???

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum