I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Congress approves money for IMF

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Congress approves money for IMF Empty Congress approves money for IMF Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:47 am

windreader1

US Congress approves money for IMF, Afghanistan, Iraq
Washington,
June 19 :

The US Congress has approved a 106-billion dollars spending bill that includes money for the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and a loan to the International Monetary Fund (IMF).

The Senate passed the measure in a 91-5 vote Thursday. The lower House of Representatives approved the same bill 226-202 Tuesday, largely along partisan lines amid complaints from Republicans over the addition of items unrelated to the wars.

The legislation, which now goes to President Barack Obama for his signature, includes about $80 billion for the ongoing war efforts in Afghanistan and Iraq.

More than $10 billion will also be provided in development aid to Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq and other countries.

It is the first war supplemental since President Barack Obama took office in January. Obama has pledged to wind down US efforts in Iraq while sending more troops to Afghanistan.

Obama has said it will be the last time his administration asks for an emergency war funding bill outside of the regular budget process, ending a practice that carried through nearly all of former president George W. Bush's tenure.

The legislation includes money for the IMF, part of a pledge made by the US during the April summit of the Group of 20 (G20) nations in London.

The US will loan $100 billion to the IMF to help stabilise countries facing chronic budget shortfalls amid the ongoing financial crisis.

The G20 agreed to boost the IMF's lending budget by $500 billion. The European Union, Japan, China and Brazil have also agreed to provide loans.

The legislation includes $5 billion in case of a partial default on the IMF loan. Nearly all Republicans in the House opposed the bill because of the IMF funding, deriding it as a "global bail-out".

2Congress approves money for IMF Empty Re: Congress approves money for IMF Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:12 pm

retired2934

retired2934

This bill has alot of pork also....as per news network.

US lawmakers late Thursday sent President Barack Obama a 106-billion-dollar emergency bill to fund the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, fight swine flu, aid Pakistan and boost IMF loans to poor nations

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum