I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Iraq will not be completely out of Chapter 7 until the end of the year.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

mocha

mocha

Iraq will not be completely out of Chapter 7 until the end of the year.

Iraqi-Kuwaiti talks in Amman on compensation
2009-06-20 2:06 م 2009-06-20 2:06 PM

ب Baghdad \ commented
ة. Bilateral negotiations between Iraq and Kuwait, in Amman on compensation, according to French sources said government spokesman said French Frederick Disanioan these negotiations will strengthen the efforts of the Security Council said Hamid al-Bayati, Iraq's ambassador to the United Nations are asking to reduce this ratio without specifying the amount of reduction sought by Baghdad the use of the difference of tens of billions of dollars in reconstruction and rebuilding of infrastructure.

وة. A diplomatic source said that Iraq had requested during the closed-door consultations to reduce this rate to 2.5 per cent. ول المطر. And Iraq had asked the Security Council the transfer of claims provided for by international resolutions to the area of bilateral relations so that Iraq can emerge from Chapter VII, but insists on recognizing Kuwait compensation and began a diplomatic campaign for the survival of Iraq under the item. ولم يتخذ ا. Council has not taken any decision on the status of Iraq under the seventh item on the request of Iraq or reduce the damages. وفناك. He did not refer to issues in a statement issued through its unanimous support for Iraq and the UN mission there. و. Kuwait wants Iraq to remain under Chapter VII to be resolved such issues as border demarcation and the payment of compensation. وي. Diplomats say the UN that the council does not intend to drive Iraq out of Chapter VII immediately but the decision may take the end of the year.

و. Hamid al-Bayati said, while the Security Council debate on Iraq is sending a formal request to UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and the Security Council requesting to reduce the amount of compensation. و. He told reporters without giving details of Iraq's formal request is to reduce the proportion of Iraq's oil revenues to be paid to Kuwait and others. وت. Iraq and pay five percent of oil revenue in compensation. وقا. He said that Iraq today is quite different from Iraq, which invaded Kuwait and expressed the hope that the formal recognition of this through out the provisions of Chapter VII of the Charter of the United Nations, which urged him to pay compensation. . He said he hoped to assist the Secretary-General and the Security Council Iraq to return to his international stature as it was before the invasion of Kuwait. و. Kuwait wants Iraq to remain under Chapter VII to be resolved such issues as border demarcation and the payment of compensation for Kuwaiti property has been lost or destroyed during the invasion in 1990. وها الخارجية. Bayati said that the Baghdad talks with creditors to resolve the problem of external debt. وagreements with Greece and Tunisia for the settlement of more than 440 million of debt in addition to 470 million dollars owed by Iraq's commercial creditors.

http://74.125.155.132/translate_c?hl...QEHG-RXFNJyu0A

Can you please post the entire link?....the link i see is truncated...thanks!

prazeHIM

I hope this does not mean we have to wait until the end of the year for the RV.

prazeHIM wrote:I hope this does not mean we have to wait until the end of the year for the RV.

doubtful ...Windreader broke it down nicely in her thread about why Iraq should be able to RV while Art7 was still in effect......great readin!

question iraqs new year starts on july 1 i think so whos end of the year are they talking about

jlm1953 wrote:question iraqs new year starts on july 1 i think so whos end of the year are they talking about

good point JLM...but I've yet to find anything to back that thought process up....would really be great if their year was starting in July.

thumper wrote:
jlm1953 wrote:question iraqs new year starts on july 1 i think so whos end of the year are they talking about

good point JLM...but I've yet to find anything to back that thought process up....would really be great if their year was starting in July.

Thanks thump

new year as in I think muslin calendar year?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum