I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

IHEC: Baghdad vote recount ongoing without any change

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Flattire

Erbil, May 11 (AKnews) – The Independent High Electoral Commission of Iraq (IHEC) has finished a manual recount of the ballots of around 8,000 voting centers of Baghdad province, but without changes, a source said Tuesday.

Sardar Abdul Karim of the IHEC said they had finished the recount for 8,000 voting centers of Baghdad and that a complete recount of all ballots of the province was expected by the end of this week.
"So far, there is no difference in the results" Abdul Karim said.

After the recount is done, the new result, whether remains the same or changes, will be announced to be approved by the federal court if there were no complaints again which then will be recognized as the official and final result, he said.

The federal court ordered the recount of Baghdad's around 2.5 millions votes last month after repeated complaints about the votes results in the province were raised to the IHEC by the outgoing Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri Al-Maliki's State of Law Coalition which came second in the competition with 89 seats after the Iraqiya led by Iyad Allawi which won 91 seats in the Iraqi parliament.

http://www.aknews.com/en/aknews/4/144570/

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum