I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

EU welcomes elections’ final results ratification

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

* EU welcomes elections’ final results ratification

June 3, 2010 – 10:45:21

BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: The European Union welcomed on Thursday the ratification of the parliamentary elections final results by the Federal Court, according to a statement issued by the bloc.

The European Union’s foreign policy chief Catherine Ashton said the bloc was looking forward “to the rapid formation of a stable government in Iraq” after the outcome of the March 7 parliamentary elections were officially certified.

According to results ratified Tuesday by the constitutional court, former prime minister Iyad Allawi’s Iraqiya List won 91 seats in the 325-member Iraqi parliament, while current prime minister Nouri al-Maliki’s State of Law coalition came in second place with 89 seats.

“The EU is looking forward to a parliament meeting shortly, in accordance with the Constitution, and to the rapid formation of a stable government, allowing Iraq to confront the challenges ahead,” Ashton said in a statement released in Brussels received by Aswat al-Iraq news agency.

http://en.aswataliraq.info/?p=132643

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum