I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Al-Sadoun: Talabani has the authority to call for convening the first parliamentary meeting

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

Al-Sadoun: Talabani has the authority to call for convening the first parliamentary meeting

Thursday, June 3rd 2010 12:08 PM

Dahuk, June 3 (AKnews) - The constitution authorized the Iraqi President Jalal Talabani to call for convening the first parliamentary session," a member of Kurdish blocs coalition said today.

"The current Iraqi President, Jalal Talabani, has the power to call the new Iraqi Parliament to hold its first meeting, according to the Federal Constitution, which says that the mandate of the President finishes a month after the first meeting of the new parliament," Mahsen al-Saadoun said.

"According to the Iraqi Constitution, Iraqi President Jalal Talabani can call for convening the first session of the new Parliament within 15 days after the court ratifies on the results, then the members have 15 days to elect a Speaker for the new Parliament and 30 days to elect a new President," Saadoun added.

"The new President will have 15 days to ask one of the largest parliamentary blocs to form the government and choose the new prime minister," he stressed.

The Iraqi Federal Court had ratified the results of the elections last Tuesday, with the exception of two candidates, Furat al-Sharei from the Iraqi National Alliance (INA) and Omar al-Karbouli from al-Iraqiya list, and obliged the Iraqi Commission to accept the nomination of the winner from al-Iraqiya, Ibrahim Al-Mutlaq.

"This constitutional period (15 days) can not be exceeded since the decisions of the Federal Court can't be objected. We prefer that the call for the meeting won't be at the end of the term, but at the middle of the constitutional period," Saadoun stressed.

"Calling the parliament is a positive step towards the formation of the government, since this will oblige the political blocs to form it and there must be concrete results for the talks of the political blocs and more frankness to know who will be charged to form the government when these talks finish," he added.

The debate now is over: Who is authorized to form the next government, while Al-Iraqiya bloc confirms its right, based on Article 76 of the Constitution, while the two Shiite alliances insist on this right based on the interpretation of the Federal Court.

According to the interpretation of the Federal Court of the term "the largest parliamentary bloc," which will be assigned to form a government, as in Article 76 of the Iraqi Constitution, it is either the bloc that was formed after the elections by one electoral list and had participated in the elections in a certain name and number, and had earned the largest number of seats, or the bloc that was made by allying two or more than two electoral lists, which participated in the elections with different names and numbers, and then united in a single block with a single entity in the Parliament .

Under this interpretation, the alliance between the State of Law and the Iraqi National Alliance (INA), which was announced on May 4th last, has better opportunity to form the government.

State of Law and INA after the alliance have 159 seats, 4 seats less than the majority needed to form the government, including 89 for the State of Law and 70 for the Iraqi National Alliance.

The Iraqi scene has witnessed, after announcing the results of the public poll, a broad political mobility, especially among the winning blocs, in order to form a parliamentary bloc that can form the new government, or at least agree on naming the new prime minister, thing that resulted in the merger of State of Law coalition, led by outgoing Prime Minister, Nuri Al-Maliki and the INA, led by Ammar Al-Hakim.

Rn/SH (AKnews)

Just_AL

Just_AL

I read somewhere where someone made the statement; a group of wild chimps could form a gov quicker that Iraq. I beleive it.

I really do feel though that sooner than later the gov will form, PM will be decided on and UN will release Iraq from Chap 7 and we'll have our RV. In the mean time we wait. My problem is do I want a Sport Fisher or a go fast center console with three 350 HP Yamaha's. What a delima....If it comes in around $3.xx I may have to get both! Come on RV!!

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

Just_AL wrote:I read somewhere where someone made the statement; a group of wild chimps could form a gov quicker that Iraq. I beleive it.

I really do feel though that sooner than later the gov will form, PM will be decided on and UN will release Iraq from Chap 7 and we'll have our RV. In the mean time we wait. My problem is do I want a Sport Fisher or a go fast center console with three 350 HP Yamaha's. What a delima....If it comes in around $3.xx I may have to get both! Come on RV!!

38ft Fountain with quad 350's......maybe a full blown sortfisher later

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum