I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Iraq: Kurds demand oil bidding round be annulled

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Iraq: Kurds demand oil bidding round be annulled

Released : Wednesday, June 24, 2009 4:10 AM

BAGHDAD-Iraq's
self-ruled Kurdish region has branded Baghdad's energy contracts due to
be awarded at the end of this month as "unconstitutional" and demanded
they be annulled.

Tuesday's statement says the central
government should have consulted local authorities from producing
provinces. That includes disputed Kirkuk, which the Kurds want to annex
into their northern region.

Oil Minister Hussain al-Shahristani
defended his plans before the parliament Tuesday. He says the contracts
to be awarded are "legal" and will be ratified by the Cabinet.

More than 30 international oil companies are competing to develop eight oil and gas fields.

Baghdad and the Kurds also disagree over nearly two dozen oil deals the Kurds signed unilaterally with international companies.

http://calibre.mworld.com/m/m.w?lp=GetStory&id=365906691

Kurds determined to sabotage Iraq first round oil contracts

http://iraqog.com/index.cfm

Iraq's oil minister Hussein al-Shahristani on Tuesday defended in front of parliament the first round contracts which will allow International Oil Companies to operate and expand development of the older, already producing oil fields, including Zubair, West Qurna, and North and South Rumaila, all of which are super giants with more than 5 billion barrels of oil in reserves, and two natural gas fields.
Iraq's Oil Minister told parlaiment the country stands to earn 100 times more than international companies. He said foreign investment will raise production and profit for the country while overseas oil companies get paid a fee for developing deposits without taking stakes in Iraqi fields.
It is ironic that oppsition to these contracts are raised by different factions who have completely different motives. The Kurds want the downfall of Shihristani because of his stand of not recognizing of KRG oil contracts which were made without consultation with the central governement. The other oppostion group includes many of the oil sector professionals and workers who consider these contracts a reversal of Iraq nationalization of the oil sector in a way that will not serve Iraq national interests.

bjdksl

bjdksl

thanks thumper for the info.
aloooha!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum