I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

THE IMF'S CHARM OFFENSIVE IN ASIA

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1THE IMF'S CHARM OFFENSIVE IN ASIA  Empty THE IMF'S CHARM OFFENSIVE IN ASIA Tue Jul 27, 2010 3:35 pm

littlekracker

TOKYO, July 27 (AP)

THE IMF'S CHARM OFFENSIVE IN ASIA (The Business Times, Singapore)

The "charm offensive" which the International Monetary Fund has launched toward East Asia has attracted much comment, but precisely why are Managing Director Dominique Strauss-Kahn and his aides wooing the region with such assiduousness? Ostensibly, it is because the IMF feels bad about being so beastly to East Asia at the time of the 1997 currency crisis, and is anxious to show that it is now a much more user-friendly institution than the domineering and arrogant task- master it appeared to be a decade or so ago...

Truth be told, the overriding reason behind the charm offensive is that the IMF and its principal paymaster, the United States, financially need East Asia far more nowadays than this region needs them. So, rather than Asia coming cap in hand to the IMF now it is a matter of the IMF coming bouquet in hand to Asia. There has been a huge shift in financial resources since the days when a number of East Asian countries were forced to become supplicants. East Asia's total foreign exchange reserves have virtually quintupled since 1997, to more than US$5 trillion, which is approaching seven times what the IMF can muster, even with the augmented resources it was given to deal with the recent crisis...

East Asia remains suspicious of the charm offensive. They see their reserves as a means to an independence of action denied to them in the 1997 crisis, and at least a part of these reserves will be parked not in the IMF but in East Asia's own quasi-regional monetary fund, the Chiang Mai Initiative Multilateralization. (July 27)

2THE IMF'S CHARM OFFENSIVE IN ASIA  Empty Re: THE IMF'S CHARM OFFENSIVE IN ASIA Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:35 pm

OK I WILL NOT RANT...I WILL NOT RANT...I WILL NOT RANT

*^%$#&*%(&^(^....I WILL NOT RANT....*(*^%&^$%$###*%)*#$#(&*&

3THE IMF'S CHARM OFFENSIVE IN ASIA  Empty Re: THE IMF'S CHARM OFFENSIVE IN ASIA Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:14 pm

littlekracker

yup, CK found the edge and jumped....lmaooooooooooooooooo

4THE IMF'S CHARM OFFENSIVE IN ASIA  Empty Re: THE IMF'S CHARM OFFENSIVE IN ASIA Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:00 pm

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

littlekracker wrote:yup, CK found the edge and jumped....lmaooooooooooooooooo

bad vision......CK even attempting to jump.....bet it's more like an ungraceful fall.....

5THE IMF'S CHARM OFFENSIVE IN ASIA  Empty Re: THE IMF'S CHARM OFFENSIVE IN ASIA Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:09 pm

littlekracker

lmaooooooooooooooooooooo @pan

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum