I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

UN extends mandate of UN mission in Iraq for a year

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

littlekracker

August 7, 2010

UN extends mandate of UN mission in Iraq for a year

UNITED NATIONS (AFP)— The Security Council on Thursday extended by a year the mandate of the UN Assistance Mission in Iraq (UNAMI) and urged that country's leaders to speed up formation of an inclusive government.

The 15-member body unanimously adopted a resolution, sponsored by the United States, Britain, Japan and Turkey, extending the mandate of UNAMI, which expires Saturday, until July 31 2011.

It expressed its intention to review the mandate “in 12 months or sooner, if requested by the government of Iraq.”

As UN chief Ban Ki-moon did Wednesday, the council also appealed to Iraq's bickering leaders to quickly form a government “that represents the will and sovereignty of the Iraqi people and their hope for a strong, independent, unified and democratic Iraq” in the wake of the March parliamentary elections.

the council also appealed to Iraq's bickering leaders to quickly form a government

I could think of 100 other words to use instead of bickering! Bickering is use when talking about children...LOLOL oops we are talking about iraq aren't we...LOL

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

MrsCK wrote:the council also appealed to Iraq's bickering leaders to quickly form a government

I could think of 100 other words to use instead of bickering! Bickering is use when talking about children...LOLOL oops we are talking about iraq aren't we...LOL

funny....when I hear the word it's not kids that come to mind.....lol....more along the lines of disgruntled old biddy's that feel that's their mission in life

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum