I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

The UN Security Council must examine the legally binding provisions applied to Iraq under Chapter VII (June 18, 2009)

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/cou....09_13050.html

The UN Security Council must examine the legally binding provisions applied to Iraq under Chapter VII (June 18, 2009)

As the President of the Republic emphasized during his visit to Baghdad on February 10 and reiterated during the visits to France by the Iraqi Vice President and Prime Minister, we want Iraq to regain its rightful place in the international community as soon as possible.

In order for it to regain that position, the Security Council must examine the legally binding provisions applied to Iraq under Chapter VII of the UN Charter, which have been implemented since 1990. Resolution 1859, adopted on December 22, 2008, provides, to this end, for a review of the resolutions adopted by the Security Council since 1990 pursuant to Chapter VII. This examination will be based on the UN Secretary-General’s report, slated for late June or early July.

The Iraqi and Kuwaiti authorities have begun bilateral discussions under the auspices of the UN in order to make progress on the sensitive issue of those who disappeared during the Gulf War, and on State assets and archives.

We support any and all progress in the bilateral Iraqi-Kuwaiti relationship. We notably support the continuation of the discussions between the two countries that got under way in Amman on May 19 and 20. The initiatives taken by the two countries are welcome and bolster the move toward the complete restoration of Iraqi sovereignty in respect of its international obligations and-with regard to its maritime and land borders with Kuwait-of resolutions 773 and 833.

Resolution 1859 mandated the Secretary-General to submit a report after consultation with Iraq “on relevant facts necessary for the Council to take action enabling Iraq to regain its international standing prior to being placed on the Council’s agenda.” The aim is to review all Council resolutions adopted on Iraq since the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait in 1990. At press time it was unclear when the report would be submitted, but there were indications that it would be towards the end of June. It is therefore unlikely that it would be considered by the Council until July.

http://www.securitycouncilreport.org...2009brIraq.htm

we want Iraq to regain its rightful place in the international community as soon as possible.

This examination will be based on the UN Secretary-General’s report, slated for late June or early July.

The Iraqi and Kuwaiti authorities have begun bilateral discussions under the auspices of the UN

We support any and all progress in the bilateral Iraqi-Kuwaiti relationship.

These Highlights of the above article is very promising to see...and hope art. 7 will totally lifted finally so iraq can has international standing.

thumper wrote:Resolution 1859 mandated the Secretary-General to submit a report after consultation with Iraq “on relevant facts necessary for the Council to take action enabling Iraq to regain its international standing prior to being placed on the Council’s agenda.” The aim is to review all Council resolutions adopted on Iraq since the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait in 1990. At press time it was unclear when the report would be submitted, but there were indications that it would be towards the end of June. It is therefore unlikely that it would be considered by the Council until July.

The UN has to go line by line of every resolution since 1990 to make sure every "line" is cancelled so as nobody can come back and find a "loop" hole and sue Iraq...JMO

LOL.....glad your back.....least now somebodys reading this stuff.

dirt14

im reading thump,just dont always post,thanks i smell good news

I'm diggin.....lol.....hope somebody finds our elusive RV soon!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum