I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Iraqis are worried about the spread of corruption more than the dangers of terrorism

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Iraqis are worried about the spread of corruption more than the dangers of terrorism

Baghdad / term

After improvement in the security in the country's other problems emerged Taatsdrt fears among Iraqis Alo'hai rampant corruption, which undermined efforts to rebuild the country and provide basic services and may cause a great deal of resentment in the end, to the extent that terrorism can find fertile ground renews itself.

It became a lot of Iraqis who are accustomed to violence after years of sectarian strife remain more corruption to creep into every aspect of life and cause corrosion of recent public institutions in Iraq. The violence that has emerged with the US-led invasion of Iraq back in 2003 and with the decline began Iraqis are increasingly focusing on the problems they face in their daily lives, such as irregularity of the continuing lack of electricity and clean water and sewage system, which suffers from severe pressure.

Said Adel Hamza, who works as a public relations company in a foreign contractor, "I can not go a single step without a bribe. All open-mouth, if I feed birds."

It is difficult to arrive at a specific position in the government to recall the exact figure of the amount being paid embezzling or in the form of bribes for government contracts or passport or any other official actions.

A high-ranking official is expected to lost four billion dollars, at least en route from the $ 58.6 billion budget for Iraq in 2009.

After the rise in oil prices to record levels last year, eclipsing the 147 dollars a barrel, poured money into the Iraqi economy.

In a study conducted by Transparency International, Myanmar, Somalia has only to corruption in Iraq in 2008.

He said Haider Abdul-Muhsin "When I go to any civil service .. for example, in the sexual cycle sexual cycle of the first police officer to the door to reach the officer I have to pay the money until I finish my treatment .. the reality of this phenomenon is rampant in an unnatural." He believes that Corruption is the reason behind the deterioration of his neighborhood as it stagnated sewage central cracks on the pavement.

The draft renewal of the sewerage network in the last three years but not over all.

Abdul-Muhsin said he had heard that the contractor took the money provided the run.

After the accusations of corruption against officials of the Ministry of Commerce, which oversees the program of government support for food products and the import of wheat and rice and sugar is estimated at billions of dollars a year the government pledged to crack down on corruption.

In this regard, economic and financial analyst, "The financial and administrative corruption more dangerous than terrorism, because terrorism, killing one person or two or even corruption, but 100 people are killed millions through the loss of projects and quality drugs ... and that in fact the world does not encourage investment."

In the same context, the Attorney-Saadi morning that there are a lot of senior officials belong to political parties and, therefore, the corruption will be reflected on the parties, in one way or another, "if not a party to the process of corruption directly and thus affect the admissibility of the party in the street," a These parties are trying to obstruct the issue of interrogation and accountability of ministers and senior officials who belong to it and therefore it will affect public opinion.

Saadi added that a certain percentage can not be corruption in Iraq, because there is no field survey of the State regarding the joints of corruption, which could determine the percentage that can be said to be a fixed percentage, "but the extent of corruption can not be that significant, considering that many of the institutions of the State complains of the manifestations of and corruption must be fought and a great national strategy to fight corruption. "

And on the role of Parliament in the fight against corruption through Saadi expressed his belief that Parliament began operating largely through the implementation of the role of parliamentary oversight over the interrogations of senior officials, which would deter other officials as the minimum to moderate or fear of parliamentary oversight, which would reduce the phenomenon of financial and administrative corruption Most of the founding of the State v.

Sa'idi stressed that the returns of the most important services is the lack of corruption, which affected the livelihood and freedom and dignity that must be made available to the citizen, "We believe that the Iraqi people deserve a lot after the many, many of Iraq and the politicians must be aware of the political and the scourge of corruption is the key to hamper services to citizens.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum