I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

U.S. military announces withdrawal of the last U.S. combat battalion from Iraq

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

U.S. military announces withdrawal of the last U.S. combat battalion from Iraq

2010/08/19 13:55:47 19/08/2010 13:55:47

BAGHDAD (AP) - A U.S. military spokesman Lt. Col. Eric Bloom, withdrawal of the last U.S. combat brigade from Iraq, leaving about 50 000 American soldiers assigned to rehabilitate the Iraqi army.

Bloom said at a news conference Thursday that "the last of the elements have crossed the border (Kuwait) on Thursday, but this does not mean that there are no combat troops in Iraq."

And units that are battalion pulled out of the fourth Stryker Infantry Division II, this battalion was stationed at Abu Ghraib (25 km) west of Baghdad

Lieutenant-Colonel Bloom, "The half of the soldiers left the air and the other half by land, and remained in front of some of the soldiers a few days to clean the equipment and prepared to be able to back and then leave."

The American officer explained that he stayed in Iraq, 56 000 U.S. troops after the withdrawal of the battalion.

Is due to the survival of 50 000 troops in the country after the August 31 deadline set by the United States to end combat mission in Iraq, and these tasks will be training and consulting.

It is assumed that all U.S. troops leave Iraq before the end of 2011 under a deal with Baghdad. / /

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum