I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oil firms to scramble for Iraq deals on live TV

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Oil firms to scramble for Iraq deals on live TV
SIMON WEBB | DUBAI, UNITED ARAB EMIRATES - Jun 26 2009 14:44

The secretive world of Middle East oil deals will be thrown open in Baghdad next week when a contract auction is broadcast live, shining a spotlight on big oil dealmakers that prefer to stay behind the scenes.

"This is shaping up to be unlike anything I have ever been involved in," said one senior executive for a major western oil company. "It is quite unique and will be some theatre. I don't think any of us really know how this is going to work out."

Bids for contracts for six of Iraq's largest oilfields and two untapped gas fields will be opened in front of the cameras and the world's media on June 29 and 30 in Baghdad. The bids will be compared and contracts awarded there and then.

After the first contract is awarded, competing firms would have a chance to go back and revise the terms of their next bid.

That is where the process could come to resemble a live TV game show.

"Firms are going to have to break alliances and broker new ones there and then, bid by bid, depending on what they win or lose," said another oil executive working on the bidding process.

"They will also have to change bids under time pressure. That could become a bit unseemly if it happens in front of the cameras."

The terms of the tender limit the 32 competing firms to just one contract as lead partner or field operator. They can participate in three contracts as members of consortia.

Some of the biggest firms would be planning bids as operators for several fields, in case they fail to win the field of their choice, executives said.

http://www.mg.co.za/article/2009-06-26-oil-firms-to-scramble-for-iraq-deals-on-live-tv

redfox55

wow......can u say free for all

now that meant they cant go behind the seens and make a different deal

they cant grease someones palm to give them the deal,and the ones they have greased our only going to be good if their orignal deal is not out bid and taken out from under them

Wow, this is very up front and center for Iraq!

donnc

It's about to get real good, real quick. It's root hog, or die with the oil folks..lol.
Tonight $5.26!!! (thump) Don't want Brenda, smackin me upside the head...lol

OWL

Maybe Iraqi TV is undergoing a "renaissance" too, and this is their 'ploy' to shake-up the programming. LOL Very Happy That would be quite the show to watch!

brenda

And she just might Donn, you just never know what I might do. Depends if I am taking my meds or not. Looking forward to the play out here. Thanks

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum