I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

MP: Statements on government formation false

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

MP: Statements on government formation false

Monday, August 23rd 2010 11:03 AM

Sulaimaniya, Aug. 23 (AKnews) – A Kurdish lawmaker denied on Monday that Iraq's political blocs have reached any agreements to form the new government, stating that recent comments about the possibilities of forming a government soon is false.

Iraqi politicians from the different blocs have recently stated that agreements between certain blocks are soon to be made and that the government will be formed soon.

Mahmoud Othman, a member of the Kurish Blocs Coalition (KBC) told AKnews on Monday that "those statements are far from the truth, they say what they please."

"So far, there is nothing new, no developments about the political situation in Iraq" Othman said adding, “These talks have been around for more than three months now."

On Friday, an official from the Sadrist Current told AKnews that the Iraqi National Alliance (INA) – of which the Sadr Current is a part of – the Kurds and al-Iraqiya will form the government "next week".

A member of the al-Iraqiya list led by Ayad Allawi, Adnan al-Danbos, said the "doors are open" for the State of Law Coalition (SLC) led by Nouri al-Maliki to take part in the "new alliance" to be announced soon" between Iraqiya, the Sadr Current, and the Kurds, provided that the SLC "forgets about the prime minister’s post."

But Mahmoud said "so far we have not had any such negotiations regarding the formation of the next government."

The comments about a close agreement between al-Iraqiya, Sadrists and the Kurds come at a time when the INA has suspended all its talks with the SLC, after Maliki insisted to run for the prime minister’s post for a second term.

The al-Iraqiya list broke off with the SLC after Maliki described the list as a "Sunni bloc" which angered Alawi and the members of the list. Allawi said Maliki had to apologize to millions of Iraqis who had voted for al-Iraqiya because it was a "national list" rather than a Sunni list.

Ry/Sm/AKnews

http://www.aknews.com/en/aknews/4/176241/

True...False..next week...soon...with in days...blah blah blah

they will not form the GOI any time soon and probably in november knowing iraq

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum