I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

The market is in waiting mode.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The market is in waiting mode. Empty The market is in waiting mode. Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:29 pm

This is a KRACKER FIND!!...kinda shocking! But the KSE is pakistan forex:

The market is in waiting mode.

Posted on August 31, 2010 by Ahmed Irfan Shafqat

KSE seems to be in some kind of wait and see stance. Past several sessions appear to be alike: the index moving in a certain band amid low volume of shares traded.

It seems that gone are the days when we would routinely see around 300 million shares worth about 10 billion rupees traded every day. Now it’s been a long time when the share volume crossed 100 million mark. The monetary value of the traded shares barely crosses a billion rupees now.

What is the market waiting for? Is there some big change in the offing at the top governmental level of the country? Or is it just the issues like Margin Financing and how the Capital Gains Tax shall be actually levied that the market is worried about?

Today’s session, however, seems a bit different. After a very dismal session yesterday, today the KSE 100 index registered a gain of nearly 300 points. The volume still could not cross 100 million shares but the monetary value of 81 million shares that were traded stood above 4 billion rupees. Even some upper locks were seen in stocks like PSO, DGKC, PTC and TREET.

Yesterday’s gloom and today’s optimism…both are said to be related to the news regarding MTS, yes the same old margin trading thing It seems that our market cannot thrive without leveraged trading. Although serious crises have bveen witnessed in the market due to this fondness for trading with the borrowed money, no lessons have been learned apparently.

Recently KASB Securities repeated their buy call for LOTPTA. After the second quarter result that has arrived lately, they expect this stock to be traded around 13.

And after hearing the news of the departure of US Army from Iraq, I decided to check the rate of Iraqi Dinar today. For a long time I have been seeing it at 1 Dinar = 4 paisas. Today I was amazed to know the current rate at 25000 IQD = 6800 PKR. That menas one Iraqi Dinar now equals 27 paisas. What’s going on?

OK here's the break down....at least the dinar increased in value in one country:

$1 USD = 84 Pakistan ruppee

25K dinar note = $80 USD in pakistan

Basic unit of currency is Rupee which divides into 100 Paisas.

ok a paisas is kinda like our penny to the dollar

ok for 1 dinar at 4 paisas then to jump to 27 paisas...that over 100% increase

more like 600% increase

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum