I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

China slaps anti-dumping duties on US chicken imports (here ya go LK)

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

China slaps anti-dumping duties on US chicken imports
Posted: 26 September 2010 1702 hrs

Photos 1 of 1

Central business district in Beijing

BEIJING: China will levy anti-dumping duties of up to 105 per cent on imports of US chicken products, the government said Sunday, in a move likely to ratchet up trade tensions between the two nations.

"The US chicken industry has dumped broiler products into the Chinese market and caused substantial damage to the domestic industry," the commerce ministry said in a statement on its website.

The duties take effect on Monday, it said.

China will slap anti-dumping levies of over 50 per cent on up to 35 US chicken broiler exporters including Tyson Foods Inc, Keystone Foods LLC, Pilgrim's Pride Corporation and Sanderson Farms Inc, the statement said.

Levies of over 105 per cent will be placed on imported chicken broilers, a type of chicken raised specifically for meat production, from all other US producers, it said.

The measures will apply for five years and follow up preliminary tariffs on the same products issued by the ministry in February.

According to China's state-run Xinhua news agency, the US exported 584,000 tonnes of chicken products to China in 2008, up 12 per cent year-on-year.

In the first half of 2009, China imported 305,000 tonnes of chicken products from the United States, representing 89 percent of China's total chicken imports, it said.

China and the United States have been at odds over a range of trade issues from steel to paper to chemicals, amid a spat over the value of the yuan, which critics say has been kept low to give Chinese exporters an unfair advantage.

Late last month, China slapped countervailing duties of four to 30.3 per cent on US broiler imports, in what the ministry called final tariffs on US chicken products that had benefited from unfair subsidies.

-AFP/wk

littlekracker

lmaoooooooooooooooo pan..its so nice to know that when ya see a chicken article ya think about me

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum