I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

IMF says China policy to help yuan revalue

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

littlekracker

October 3, 2010 11:48 AM EST
IMF says China policy to help yuan revalue

Policy moves by the Chinese government to free the yuan from a dollar peg will help the Chinese currency rise, Dominique Strauss-Kahn, the head of the International Monetary Fund, said on Saturday.

"I am confident that the new policy of the Chinese authorities will lead to the revaluation of the yuan," Strauss-Kahn said during a conference in the Black Sea resort town.

Finance Ministers from the Group of Seven major industrialized nations will meet informally on the sidelines of an IMF meeting in Washington on October 8, which will focus on potential currency depreciations by some countries who may seek to increase exports.

China's policy of keeping the yuan artificially weak has drawn criticism that Beijing is maintaining an artificial advantage in international trade at cost of jobs in consumer countries.

Strauss Kahn warned against efforts by other countries to hide their own economic problems behind China's currency policy.

"This kind of policy is in their own interests. The revaluation of the renminbi should not be used (by other governments) as a curtain to hide problems in their own country. It is always easy to have scapegoats"

(Reporting by Olzhas Auyezov; Writing by Melissa Akin in Moscow; Editing by Sugita Katyal)

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum