I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Canada looses seat at the U.N. not muslim enough! supported Israel too much

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

Canada looses seat at the U.N. not muslim enough! supported Israel too much

For the first time in the history of the United Nations Canada has lost it's seat on the United Nations Security Council. A disgraceful and embarrassing indictment of Prime Minister Stephen Harper's foreign policy in the eyes of the world.
This loss is a personal slap in the face to the Conservative Prime Minister who lobbied hard and made a personal plea to the UN so that Canada could keep it's seat , alas as the UN was nearly empty that day his mindful efforts to appease UN members fell upon deaf ears.

Germany and Portugal won the votes required to replace Canada for the two seats on the 10 member council reserved for Western European nations.

Experts reason that there were two strong determining factors in Canada's loss of the coveted position in the Security Council.

One was that many European countries wanted one of their own( Portugal) in the seat and

the other is the Harper government's often controversial bias in it's policies of supporting Israel, which largely affected the support from 70 or more Muslim and Arab members of the UN.

The voting block of African nations were upset that the Harper government had changed it's foreign aid contributions towards them. Following many pathetic attempts by the Canadian government to sway the votes of UN members by plying them with generous gifts of maple products and culminating with a bizarre parade by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police throughout the building, the Canadian contingent led by Laurence Cannon finally realized that they had lost the support of the majority of voters,and withdrew from consideration for the United Nations seat. A current television advertising campaign blames comments made by Liberal party leader Michael Ignatieff for this loss claiming that he "sold out his country" by releasing unfair criticism of the federal government's current foreign policy , which often mirrored those of the Bush administration.

"The blame game is the sign of a government that is unwilling to accept lessons of defeat."

said Michael Ignatieff from Ottawa after hearing of the loss of Canada's position on the council.

"Canada deserves a place on the Security Council. The responsibility for this lies squarely and exclusively with the Harper government."

Read more: http://www.digitaljournal.com/articl...#ixzz12DJNdGVU

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum