I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Letter from the US Permanent Representative to the Secretary-General

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

windreader1

S/2010/621

Letter dated 9 December 2010 from the Permanent Representative of the United States of America to the United Nations addressed the Secretary-General

I have the honour to forward to you herewith a concept paper for the Security Council high-level event on Iraq, to be held on 15 December 2010 (see annex-W1).
I would be grateful if the present letter and its annex could be circulated as a document of the Security Council.
S/2010/621
(Signed) Susan E. Rice

Annex to the letter dated 9 December 2010 from the Permanent Representative of the United States of America to the United Nations addressed to the Secretary-General

Concept paper

After decades of tyranny and war, Iraq, a founding member of the United Nations, seeks to regain its rightful status in the community of nations.

While challenges remain, Iraq has made significant progress in recent months. Violence has decreased dramatically. Iraqi forces have assumed primary responsibility for their own country’s security as United States forces continued to drawdown. Iraqi leaders have made important strides towards fulfilling Iraq’s United Nations-mandated obligations and have nearly completed the process of forming a new, democratically elected Government. The Security Council has recognized these positive developments. It has also acknowledged the substantial changes Iraq has undergone since resolution 661 (1990-w) and subsequent restrictions were adopted many years ago, and the importance of restoring the international standing Iraq held before August of 1990.

To advance these important steps and to discuss ways in which to bolster Iraq during this critical new phase, the United States will convene on 15 December a high-level session of the Security Council, to be chaired by United States Vice President Biden. The goal of the session is to recognize and reinforce Iraq’s recent progress and to explore ways in which the United Nations can continue to support the Iraqi Government and people. It will provide a forum for Iraq’s leaders to reiterate their commitment to peace and stability in their country and throughout their region and an opportunity for the Secretary-General to discuss the current and future work of the United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq. The Council will seek to adopt a presidential statement heralding the substantial progress that Iraq has made. It will also consider bringing a formal end to restrictions imposed on Iraq in one or more Chapter VII resolutions, including with respect to the oil-for-food programme, civilian nuclear development and the international management of the Development Fund for Iraq.

tickybud

It has also acknowledged the substantial changes Iraq has undergone since resolution 661 (1990-w) and subsequent restrictions were adopted many years ago, and the importance of "restoring the international standing Iraq held before August of 1990."

Hmmm...and does that imply perhaps the rate prior to August of 1990? Lets hope so folks..I'll take $3.22!

Thanks windreader...awesome post!

tickybud wrote:
Hmmm...and does that imply perhaps the rate prior to August of 1990? Lets hope so folks..I'll take $3.22!

Thanks windreader...awesome post!

I'll take $3.22 and smile FOREVER!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum