I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kuwait says hand-in-hand with Baghdad against those undermining Iraq'

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

mocha

mocha

b]Kuwait says hand-in-hand with Baghdad against those undermining Iraq''s[/b]

29-6-2009

Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Sheikh Dr. Mohammad Al-Sabah said Monday Kuwait was working hand-in-hand with Iraq to fight whoever wanted to undermine the security of Iraq.

Speaking to reporters before leaving Kuwait to Manama, Bahrain, Sheikh Mohammad brushed aside a reported statement by an Iraqi parliamentary committee which accused Kuwait and Iran of financing armed groups in Iraq to undermine security and stability.

"What i know is that Kuwait made generous donations to the victims of terrorist operations in Iraq," he said.

Kuwait has been fighting against terrorism and still working with Iraq to fight terrorism, he asserted.

"Iraq's instability means the instability of the region and Kuwait too," said the Kuwaiti top diplomat.

Iraq is passing through a very crucial phase due to the commencement of withdrawal of American forces from cities and towns, he said.

[b]This, he went on, places "a big burden on the Iraqi security forces so the Iraqi political forces should unite their ranks to fight evil ..." Sheikh Mohammad talked about the issue of Iraq's relation with the Chapter VII of the UN.

He said Kuwait was "most country which moved to" get Iraq out of Chapter VII since the country was liberated from the baathist regime.

"There is a way out of this restraint which is completing the implementation of UN resolutinos," said Sheikh Mohammad. "This is not only the position of Kuwait but the whole world." He said Iraq has already said it was keen on implementing all UN resolution related to the invasion of Kuwait in 1990.

There are not outstanding issues between Kuwait and Iraq, said Sheikh Mohammad. "All issues are finalized and are awaiting execution." Kuwait wants to work with Iraq to complete implementation of UN resolutions "so Iraq can get rid of the restraints imposed by Chapter VII," he said.

Sheikh Mohammad, commenting on a meeting between Kuwaiti and Iraqi officials in Amman, Jordan, to discuss compensations, said "yes we met with Iraq under the UN umbrella with presence of a representative from the UN.

"We always say that they are issues related to the implementation of UN resolutions so we should discuss how to implement them under the UN sponsorship," he said.

The meeting in Amman "was not secret, on the contrary it was public and was covered by the media ... these are all attempts to help our Iraqi brothers to implement the UN resolutions," said Sheikh Mohammad.

Sheikh Mohammad, meanwhile, said the Iraq-Kuwait committee still exist and the upcoming visit of His Highness the prime minister Sheikh Nasser Mohammad Al-Sabah was not canceled but the date would be set later.

The Kuwaiti foreign minister, on the other hand, said a report by the UN Congress research center indicating that there was a sectarian tension in Kuwait was "away from reality.

"I know, from my experience in Washington, how they get their information and many of the sources are not first-hand and not even a secondary ...," he said.

"I think talking about a Sunni-Shiite tension in the way that was mention in the report are wishes rather than reflection of reality," he said.

The government of Kuwait has been always refuting these "inaccurate" reports, he said.

http://www.isria.com/pages/29_June_2009_113.htm

There are not outstanding issues between Kuwait and Iraq, said Sheikh Mohammad. "All issues are finalized and are awaiting execution." Kuwait wants to work with Iraq to complete implementation of UN resolutions "so Iraq can get rid of the restraints imposed by Chapter VII," he said.

thats for you Danny

Well it would have been nice if he said WHEN!!!!

Great find! I think we are knockin on the RV door! LET ME IN!!!!!!!!!!!

$5.26 baby!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum