I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Top of the Agenda: U.S., China Reach 'Milestone' Agreement

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Top of the Agenda: U.S., China Reach 'Milestone' Agreement

As two day bilateral talks concluded in Washington, Chinese and U.S. negotiators struck a "milestone" accord (WashPost) on economic and military affairs despite several nagging issues like currency and human rights. The series of deals included an arrangement where top military commanders would meet regularly in what has been called the "Strategic Security Dialogue." The talks also secured compacts to expand U.S. access to Chinese markets (FT) and Chinese access to U.S. technology. U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner praised the "tangible signs of progress," including a pledge from Beijing to protect intellectual property and alter regulations so that government contracts are not linked to improvements in its domestic technology base.

Progress in negotiations came as Chinese diplomats reassured Washington that Beijing is committed to liberalizing its currency (WSJ). Analysts suggest China is more keen to use monetary policy to combat inflation--an issue some view as the country's biggest economic challenge. However, leaders from the world's two largest economies continued to battle over the issue of human rights (BBC), particularly given China's recent crackdown on pro-democracy activists. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton described China's record on human rights as "deplorable," while China contends that it has made "historical progress" over the past several decades.

PEACHY!!! selling military technol. to china??????
[/size]

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

technical...not technol.....or military technology.....lol.....

lionheart

lionheart

now pan,if you use my arky dictionary teknikle bounce

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum