I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Iraq closes file oil for food program with international companies

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

littlekracker

Iraq closes file oil for food program with international companies
June 14, 2011

Baghdad, June 14 (Rn) – The Iraqi government, on Tuesday, closed for the full file oil for food program with international companies.

Iraq’s government announced last February it is pursuing more than 150 foreign companies accused of file-corruption framework of the oil-for-food

The Legal Counsel said Fadel Mohammed Jawad, told the Kurdish news agency (Rn) that “Iraq ended the consequences of some of the contracts and other legal underdeveloped with international companies in the United States on one of the oil for food”.

He added that “the Iraqi government closed the program to fully oil-for food and now Iraq has become free from legal restrictions that may be caused by the consequences of this program.”

He noted that “Iraq will not face a legal problem with regard to oil for food program after the development of legal solutions for all previous contracts with international companies.”

The working oil for food program began in 1996, and it is renewed every six months and ended in December 2003.

The revenue for the sale of Iraqi oil worth $ 22.7 billion during that period, the amount was set by the Security Council for the purchase of such materials is $ 16.2 billion.

The UN Security Council has decided to mid-January last unanimous vote on three resolutions concerning the lifting of the embargo imposed on Iraq on the import of nuclear material for peaceful purposes, and cancel the oil for food program, and extended immunity for damages that were imposed under Chapter VII until the end of June next.

He underwent Iraq after its invasion of Kuwait during the rule of former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein in 1990 for a series of United Nations action included to prevent the import of chemicals and nuclear technology that could be used in clandestine nuclear programs, chemical and biological weapons.

And allowed the United Nations in 1996, allows Iraq to sell oil in return for food, which Masmi program of “oil-for-lunch” with the number 986.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum