I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bush: surge strategy helping Iraqis

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Bush: surge strategy helping Iraqis Empty Bush: surge strategy helping Iraqis Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:04 am

Roxy

Roxy

Bush: surge strategy helping Iraqis
Iraq-USA, Politics, 7/2/2007
As the United States prepares to celebrate Independence Day, President George W. Bush is citing "hopeful signs" of progress in reducing sectarian violence in Iraq.

The president, in his weekly radio address to the American people on Saturday, also praised the bravery and sacrifice of US forces helping the people of Iraq and Afghanistan defend democracy.

In Iraq, Bush says that the top US strategic priority of its "surge strategy" is to help the Iraqi government and its security forces protect their population -- especially in Baghdad. The aim is to allow the government to make progress toward reconciliation and to build a free nation that respects the rights of its people, upholds the rule of law and is an ally in the war on terror.

US reinforcements have arrived to start a new offensive against terrorists, insurgents, and militias inciting sectarian violence between Iraq's Sunni and Shiite communities.

Bush cited "hopeful signs" in the capture of senior al-Qaida leaders, a decline in sectarian murders and bombings and an increase in seizures of illicit arms by coalition and Iraqi forces.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum