I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Executive Order 13303 update

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Executive Order 13303 update Empty Executive Order 13303 update Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:14 pm

windreader1

TEXT OF A LETTER FROM THE PRESIDENT
TO THE SPEAKER OF THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
AND THE PRESIDENT OF THE SENATE
May 17, 2011
Dear Mr. Speaker:    (Dear Mr. President:)
Section 202(d) of the National Emergencies Act (50 U.S.C. 1622(d)) provides for the automatic termination of a national emergency unless, prior to the anniversary date of its declaration, the President publishes in the Federal Register and transmits to the Congress a notice stating that the emergency is to continue in effect beyond the anniversary date.  In accordance with this provision, I have sent the enclosed notice to the Federal Register for publication continuing the national emergency with respect to the stabilization of Iraq.  This notice states that the national emergency with respect to the stabilization of Iraq declared in Executive Order 13303 of May 22, 2003, as modified in scope and relied upon for additional steps taken in Executive Order 13315 of August 28, 2003, Executive Order 13350 of July 29, 2004, Executive Order 13364 of November 29, 2004, and Executive Order 13438 of July 17, 2007, is to continue in effect beyond May 22, 2011.
Obstacles to the orderly reconstruction of Iraq, the restoration and maintenance of peace and security in the country, and the development of political, administrative, and economic institutions in Iraq continue to pose an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States.  Accordingly, I have determined that it is necessary to continue the national emergency with respect to this threat and maintain in force the measures taken to deal with that national emergency.
Recognizing positive developments in Iraq, the United Nations Security Council decided, in Resolution 1956 (2010), to terminate on June 30, 2011, arrangements concerning the Development Fund for Iraq established in Resolutions 1483 (2003) and 1546 (2004).  The Security Council also called upon the Iraqi government to finalize the full and effective transition to a post‑Development Fund mechanism by June 30, 2011.  My Administration will evaluate Iraq's ongoing efforts in this regard, as well as its progress in resolving outstanding debts and claims arising from actions of the previous regime, so that I may determine whether to continue beyond June 30, 2011, the prohibitions contained in Executive Order 13303 of May 22, 2003, as amended by Executive Order 13364 of November 29, 2004, on any attachment, judgment, decree, lien, execution, garnishment, or other judicial process with respect to the Development Fund for Iraq, the accounts, assets, and property held by the Central Bank of Iraq, and Iraqi petroleum‑related products, which are in addition to the sovereign immunity accorded Iraq under otherwise applicable law.
Sincerely,
BARACK OBAMA

National Emergency with Respect to the Stabilization of Iraq to Continue for Full Year

Media Note
Office of the Spokesperson
Washington, DC
June 30, 2011

The United States has completed its evaluation of Iraq's ongoing efforts to finalize the full and effective transition to a post-Development Fund for Iraq mechanism by June 30, 2011. Recognizing positive developments in this regard, including progress in resolving outstanding debts and claims arising from actions of the previous regime, and in accordance with the President’s May 17, 2011 Notice on the Continuation of the National Emergency with Respect to the Stabilization of Iraq, the President has determined to continue these arrangements for the full twelve month period ending on May 20, 2012. As a result, the prohibitions contained in Executive Order 13303 of May 22, 2003, as amended by Executive Order 13364 of November 29, 2004, on any attachment, judgment, decree, lien, execution, garnishment, or other judicial process with respect to the Development Fund for Iraq, the accounts, assets, and property held by the Central Bank of Iraq, and Iraqi petroleum-related products, which are in addition to the sovereign immunity accorded Iraq under otherwise applicable law, will remain in effect until May 20, 2012. Iraq has made significant strides in resolving its outstanding international liabilities and continues to work towards returning Iraq to the international standing it held prior to the Saddam Hussein regime.

2Executive Order 13303 update Empty Re: Executive Order 13303 update Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:15 pm

windreader1

Well it certainly did not take the White House long to make this decision.

3Executive Order 13303 update Empty Re: Executive Order 13303 update Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:38 pm

azdinar

So is this to my understand the US will protect fund that are in accounts here. But what about aboard. Have not see anything that the UN extend protection or did I miss it?

4Executive Order 13303 update Empty Re: Executive Order 13303 update Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:55 pm

windreader1

No, there is no extension on the UN immunity. The DFI fund was turned over to Iraq today. The only immunity is now being provided by the US since Iraq is depositing all of their revenues in the Federal Reserve.

5Executive Order 13303 update Empty Re: Executive Order 13303 update Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:00 pm

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=38907&Cr=iraq&Cr1=

Security Council welcomes Iraq’s assumption of oversight over development fund

30 June 2011 –

The Security Council today welcomed the Iraqi Government’s assumption of full autonomy, with effect from tomorrow, over the proceeds of a development fund set up after the 2003 United States-led invasion to meet the country’s humanitarian needs, economic reconstruction and infrastructure repairs.

In a press statement, the Council welcomed the Government’s establishment of a successor arrangement for the transition of the Development Fund for Iraq, in line with the United Nations body’s resolution 1956, adopted last year.

“The members of the Security Council noted that, in this regard, oversight of the full proceeds from the Development Fund for Iraq has been transferred from the International Advisory and Monitoring Board to the Government of Iraq’s Committee of Financial Experts, which will exercise authority in accordance with its terms of reference approved by Iraq’s Council of Ministers,” according to the statement, read out by Ambassador Alfred Moungara Moussotsi of Gabon, which holds the Council’s presidency in June.

The Council reiterated its appreciation of the ongoing efforts and commitment of the Iraqi Government to ensure that oil revenues are used in the interest of the country’s people, and to ensure that transition arrangements remain consistent with the constitution and with international best practices with regard to transparency, accountability and integrity.

“The members of the Security Council underscored the importance of Iraq’s continued compliance with relevant [Security Council] resolutions,” the statement added.

The Council set up the trust fund in May 2003 so that oil and other revenues could be paid into it, to be disbursed at the discretion of the then US-led Provisional Authority for humanitarian and economic reconstruction, replacing the previous oil-for-food programme that allowed the sanctions-bound government of Saddam Hussein to use some oil revenues for the monitored purchase of humanitarian supplies.

6Executive Order 13303 update Empty Re: Executive Order 13303 update Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:08 am

Rellek

Rellek

Damn, my buddy with the contacts that got me on this crazy roller coaster 8 years ago, told me this very thing last month and i laughed. Shocked Remember that buddy of mine CK with the foreign banking contacts....go figure!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum