I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Iraq set to be major player in oil market

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

windreader1

Iraq set to be major player in oil market
July 21, 2011

Trade Arabia reported that Iraq will be the key player in international oil politics over the next two decades.

Mr Hussein Al Shahristani deputy PM of Iraq said that "If we continue along the path we are on, Iraq will over the next two decades be the country that sets oil policy in the world in terms of price, supply and demand."

In 2009, Iraq signed 11 contracts with foreign energy companies to exploit its vast oil reserves and dramatically ramp up crude output to as much as 12 million barrels a day by 2017 from around 2.7 million barrels per day currently.

Iraq's projections are at odds with those set out by the International Monetary Fund which expressed doubt in March over the country's ability to meet its long term targets for oil output and said output could rise to more than 5 million barrels per day by 2017 rather than the 12 million Baghdad estimates.

The IMF cited the need for huge investments in port facilities, pipelines, and desalination plants for water to be injected into oilfields and storage facilities. Crude exports account for around 90% of Iraq's government revenues.

windreader1

According to the audit reports on the IAMB website, The IAMB recommended in March 2004 that the installation of an oil metering system needed to be expedited. As of December/2010 only 39% of the total meters had been installed. “Oil metering is a key factor to achieve financial transparency and accountability over the oil resources in Iraq. Some metering has been installed at oil terminals but there continues to be no metering in the oil fields.” In other words, there was no documentation as to the total number of barrels of oil that was pumped. Good way to hide oil and revenues from the bean counters. No wonder the IMF does not agree with the projections.

MrsCK

Agree mom..plus by not having meters the revenues will not get hit with 5% to kuwait either!!

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

always thought they would never pump to capacity with 5% (thought it was 15%) going to Kuwait....but if ya can't count how much was pumped they are getting the best of the scenario.....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum