I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Italian offices of Moody's and Standard & Poor's have been raided by local authorities

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

MrsCK

ohhhhhh BUSTED!!!! WAY to go italy!!! Been wondering is ANYBODY would have the "guts" to bust this and uncover the truth!!

S&P's and Moody's face Italian raids

The Italian offices of Moody's and Standard & Poor's have been raided by local authorities over allegations that the ratings agencies were involved in "anomalous" movements in domestic share prices.

By Harry Wilson

10:37PM BST 04 Aug 2011

Documents were taken from the Milan offices of the two agencies by Italian prosectuors as part of an investigation aimed at "verifying whether these agencies respect regulations as they carry out their work," according to Carlo Maria Capistro, the head of the prosecutors office in the southern Italian town of Trani which is heading the action.

The raids come at a time of rising tensions between ratings agencies and eurozone governments.

The agencies are blamed by some for exacerbating the region's sovereign debt crisis by downgrading many of the indebted countries.

Moody's and S&P dimissed the investigation and said it was without foundation.

"S&P considers the allegations being investigated are without any merit. We will vigorously defend our actions, our reputation and that of our analysts," said the agency.

gente

gente

They are SCREWED...what a bunch of crooks!!

MrsCK

now who put pressure to get the USA downgraded to AA...hmmmmm...thank you italy!!!

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

think I'll reserve comment right now.....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum