I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Iraq postpones tariff to work next year

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Iraq postpones tariff to work next year Empty Iraq postpones tariff to work next year Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:44 pm

gente

gente

http://www.aknews.com/ar/aknews/2/255930/

Iraq postpones tariff to work next year

08/08/201116:46

Baghdad, August 8 / August (Rn) - The Iraqi Ministry of Finance said on Monday the postponement of the Tariff Act of work until next year because of the absence of mechanisms of action and high commodity prices in the Iraqi market.

The Iraqi Ministry of Finance has been postponed in February 16 of a law the tariff for an indefinite period because of some of the obstacles faced by the law and the mechanisms of action.

The Information Officer for the Office of the Minister of Finance Mohamed Zaid told the Kurdish news agency (Rn) that "the ministry has sent a formal letter to the Directorate General of Customs requesting the postponement of work applying the tariff until the beginning of next year."

Mohammed attributed the cause of the decision to "high prices of materials and goods dramatically in the Iraqi markets, as well as failure to complete instructions for applying the law, particularly those relating to exempt certain materials from taxes."

He also explained that "the enforcement of the Tariff Act is still not clear," and urged the House of Representatives put proper mechanisms to enforce the law and work.

"The decision will be sent to departments and border crossings all in order to implement as well as sent to the House of Representatives to review it."

It was hoped to be activation of the Tariff Act of March / last March after being passed by the Iraqi Council of Representatives.

The new law eliminates the Tariff Act subject by the civil administrator Paul Bremer and the subject of all goods imported into the discount rate of 5% in taxes, while the new law discriminatory tariff starts from zero and up to 30%.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum