I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

Iraqi dinars: Smart investment or smoke and mirrors? OPINION

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

gente

gente

http://www.komonews.com/news/consumer/133668093.html

Iraqi dinars: Smart investment or smoke and mirrors? OPINION

By Connie Thompson Published: Nov 10, 2011 at 7:57 PM PST

Some people looking to cushion their retirement savings are getting tips about potential profits in foreign currency investments. One of the hottest currencies right now is the Iraqi dinar.

Before the Iran-Iraq war broke out in 1980, one Iraqi dinar was worth more than $3 in U.S. currency. Today, one dinar is worth mere pennies. The investment theory is that once Iraq is stable, the dinar value will skyrocket, turning some people into instant millionaires.

Type in the word "dinar" into an Internet search, and you'll find endless websites jumping at the chance to sell you any quantity of uncirculated dinar notes. Many brokers who sell the notes promote the huge profit you can make when the value of the dinar is eventually increased by as much as a thousand percent, or much more.

But state and federal regulators warn dinar investment scams are pervasive. Many of the sellers are not registered as required. There's no official dinar value, so sellers set the price. Counterfeit dinars are a common problem. And you can only redeem dinars in Iraq. Then, there's the fact that revaluation may never happen.

The state Department of Financial Institutions and the Commodity Futures Trading Commission say they get complaints from investors who lost their money. In some case, scam victims have discovered the real looking notes they paid for are fake.

Brokers, financial advisors and economists warn that despite all protests to the contrary, investing in foreign currency - in this case devalued dinars - is highly speculative and extremely risky. If anyone promotes an Iraqi dinar investment (or any investment for that matter), as a having a guaranteed high return, you must accept the fact that there's a high probability you will never see your money again. There is no guarantee. And in the case of fraud or loss, you have no recourse. Bottom line: if you can't afford to lose it all, don't do it.

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

counterfeit dinars?....been in this since November 2003 with memberships at numerous dinar sites to include the first ones (Truck & Barter, IIF).....and have yet to even hear of one person having or finding any counterfeit dinar. (in Iraq perhaps but not in the US)

gente

gente

looks like they're trying to run off any new speculators..

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

if anyone buys into this weak attempt....they should probably sellout.....me?, I'm in it till the end, didn't hold this long to quit now.

gente

gente

I think the only ones that would fool may be new investors...anyone who's been in this for more than a year and is worth their sand, knows it's a bunch of poppycock. Hell, I'm just wondering if this is finally gonna happen anytime soon, way more articles than normal bashing the IQD....

w8tin

yup...sure is more than the usual bashing...darn i wish it meant this thing is gonna take off Exclamation

Last edited by w8tin on Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

I'll sell everyone of mine for a quarter a piece.....any takers?....where's Okie?

windreader1

I watched the CNBC video report on the dinar with pretty much the same misrepresentation. Obviously did not take the time to do any research.

MrsCK

western reporters do research???????? more like copy/paste article from yearsssssssssssss ago.

Bottom line...do your own research! Understand that the economy is in iraq, how can it change for the better of the dinar??

I'm here for the long haul too!!

gente

gente

I think it's the CBI leaking info to Western sources at this point...keep new speculators away. And you're right CK, they probably know that the Western media won't bother to do any fact-checking on it whatsoever.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum