I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
I Get By With Alittle Help From My Friends....

Dinar Outcast

You are not connected. Please login or register

***[CBI-WEBSITE] Finally some Transparency***

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Panhead

Panhead
Admin

***[CBI-WEBSITE] Finally some Transparency***

Government Debt

Government Debt

Total government debt is estimated to be $92.3 billion in 2010 and is comprised of the following components:
- External debt ($87.7 billion, of which $45 billion can be subject to debt reduction by non-Paris Club official creditors, comparable to the Paris Club agreement)
- Domestic debt ($4.6 billion)
Note: Iraq's GDP in 2010 is estimated to be $82.2 billion.
External Debt Restructuring

Following the ouster of the regime in spring 2003, Iraq’s external debt was estimated to be between $130-$140 billion. Reducing this debt to a sustainable level has been a priority since 2003 and debt relief negotiations have taken place in a variety of forums. This has led to the cancelation of a significant amount of Iraq’s external debt.

Iraq’s external debt is comprised of four components:

Paris Club bilateral debt ($42.5 billion)
Non-Paris Club bilateral debt ($67.4 billion) Thinking maybe Kuwait?!?!
Commercial debt ($20 billion)
Multilateral debt ($0.5 billion)

Debt relief negotiations first led to an 80% reduction of the Paris Club debt. The Paris Club agreement also set the terms for non-Paris Club and commercial debt cancelation levels. A provision of the Paris Club agreement is that Iraq cannot accept a debt cancellation agreement with other creditors on more favorable terms for Iraq than those reached with the Paris Club.
Thus, Iraq is expected to receive no more than an 80% cancelation from all of its creditors. Negotiations with non-Paris Club creditors are ongoing (mainly with Gulf countries), and resolution of the commercial debt is largely complete.

This portion of the external debt has been reduced to $45 billion in 2010 (see government debt above).
Government Bonds (part of external debt)

Security Name IRAQ 5.8 01/15/28 Announce Date 04.01.2006 Issue Date 19.01.2006 Maturity 15.01.2028 ISIN Code XS0240295575 Redemption Value 100 Par Amount 1000 Amount Issued $2,700,000,000 Country Full Name Iraq Coupon (%) 5.8 Coupon Frequency 2 Currency USD
The material above should not be considered an offer or solicitation to buy or sell securities.

http://www.cbi.iq/index.php?pid=GovernmentSecurities

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum